About The Durnford Society
The Durnford Society Limited is a voluntary sector, not for profit organisation, registered under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965. No 22851R (Charitable).
We provide Supported Living, Domiciliary Care and Residential Care Services for Adults with Learning Disabilities and are based in the city of Plymouth.
Our Registered Homes, and Domiciliary Care services are regulated and inspected by The Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Our services are funded through the statutory authorities or through direct payments.
We opened our first Residential Home in Durnford Street Plymouth in 1980, and now provide support for over 50 people and employ over 120.
The philosophy of The Durnford Society encompasses our six core values
- Choice; Every individual we provide a service for should be supported and informed in making major life, and day to day decisions.
- Dignity; Ensuring all individuals we provide a service for are supported to develop self worth and respected at all times.
- Fulfilment; Supporting all the individuals we provide a service for to achieve contentment and satisfaction with their lives.
- Independence; Supporting all the individuals we provide a service for to take decisions and take calculated risks in order to ensure opportunities are created.
- Privacy; Ensuring all individuals we provide a service for are supported to create their own personal space and time when they so choose.
- Rights and Inclusion; To support and culture where all the individuals we provide a service for are treated as valued, with a positive role in society.
Our prime aim is to create an environment where those using our service are able to live their lives in the manner they choose.
In order to understand the wishes of those that we support we believe wholeheartedly in a person centred approach and all are offered the opportunity of their own Person Centred Plan.